Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sweet Home Indiana



I never dreamed that I'd end back up in the place I've spent a lifetime trying to escape. More so, that I'd return after only three short months. The truth is, however, that it was never the place I was trying to escape, it was myself. And after spending three amazing months in paradise, in a state of peace and solitude I cannot explain, I was finally able to come to terms with this.

It truly is a blessing to be back home among my family and friends especially during this time of year. I love harvest time in Indiana with its crisp autumn air and all the festivals that coincide with it. It's no coincidence however that the fall season symbolizes change and that my life has changed directions as sure as the leaves have changed colors.

I moved away in search of something big, something better and there's no denying that I experienced a little bit of both. Sometimes I wish my experience had lasted longer, but I cannot complain and am in no way bitter about being back home. For all of those wondering why I'm back, it's simple. Things did not work out the way I'd hoped with my job and after spending several days unemployed, I decided coming home wasn't an altogether terrible option. So here I am.

For all of you who are thinking "I told you so" or "I knew she'd never make it on her own," you're wrong. I discovered strenghts and abilities within myself that I never knew possible and there's no doubt that I'd pack up tomorrow and do it all over again. It was never about giving up or being scared, it was about forgiving and forgetting the past that haunted me and accepting the fact that home was where I belonged.

To all the wonderful and truly amazing people I met in South Florida, I love you all and am most appreciative of the kindness you showed me while I was there. I cannot wait to return someday in the future.

As for now, I'm living the life I've always wanted to live and couldn't be happier. This is definitely the beginning of a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment